Sunday, January 14, 2024

An Evening in Granada Feast

This feast was cooking for an 16th century Iberian event was held in August 2023 in Southron Gaard, Kingdom of Lochac.  The concept of the event was a feast in Granada to celebrate the wedding of Carlos of Spain and Isabella of Portugal in 1526 and which meant I could cook all the Iberian food my heart desired. I decided that I wanted to do a full write up of the event as I had done many of the redactions for the recipes used myself.  You can find this document here.  I enjoyed the write up almost as much as cooking the feast in this case as it was good to outline some of the social conflict that existed around food at this time.  I also turned my write up into a class which I will present at an upcoming event (Canterbury Faire 2024).  As part of my write up process I cooked some of the dishes for dinner for my household so I could get some photos of them.  I struggle to do this when in full feast cooking mode.  These photos are below.

Course One: Figs, cheese and bread


Course Two: Moorish Chicken, Eggplant, leeks, salad and mushrooms

Course Three: Quinces, custard tarts and angel food.





No comments:

Post a Comment

An Evening in Granada Feast

This feast was cooking for an 16th century Iberian event was held in August 2023 in Southron Gaard, Kingdom of Lochac.  The concept of the e...